Two years ago, Randall Munroe of XKCD fame had his girlfriend find out she had breast cancer. Now his wife, they have had a moving journey often captured in his comics. Beloved of geeks everywhere, many of us held our virtual breath and hoped. Things are looking good for them both, and we all breathe again in an exhalation of relief. He has given us all so much, there is joy in knowing he has his gift too. For science!
For that, I have to read some press releases from North Korea. The one on glorious foundations of concrete being laid was a killer..News From KOREAN CENTRAL NEWS AGENCY of DPRK.
National Lampoon at their finest satirizing dating for ‘the kids’. Pre Internet, feel free to add it to the list of pernicious activities encompassed within the helpful guide to staying that all important NICE – you know, asRepublicans only are. They NEVER do anything bad. etc;).
These made me lol, which is a hell of a trick today – evil back is being, well, evil!
I am merely smiling enigmatically…
STSS, aka Shit That Siri Says, is rather fun, and shows what a deep understanding Apple has of their market. They knew people would push the envelope, and have shown a lot of style in being ready for it.
But this is for me to enjoy later – right now, i must work on a better understanding of IEEE procedures, not enjoy this site – oh what fun though! must…resist..
- Shit That Siri Says, Responses From Apple’s New Virtual Assistant (laughingsquid.com)
- Siri Becomes A Meme (nerdist.com)
- Siri’s First Post (news.dice.com)
- Talk Dirty to Me, Siri (slate.com)
- Siri responses hint at new features in future updates? (9to5mac.com)
- Siri and the possibility of artificial intelligence (tuaw.com)
- Apparently Siri has some pretty strange responses up her sleeve (digitaltrends.com)
- Stephen Colbert Gets His Siri On by @dannysullivan (searchengineland.com)
- Stuff Siri says takes on a life of its own (edibleapple.com)
I could explain his insight, his use of language, his piercing insight, hell, I could say he is blackly, bleakly, observant hysterically funny. But I think it is easiest to simply let him persuade you…
Being a pitiless blank-eyed hell-wraith summoned by the Dark Ones and instructed to walk among us spreading fear and misery, David Cameron loves the thought of the BBC being reduced in size and scope. In fact he famously described the very notion of BBC cuts as “delicious”. He said this openly at a press conference, but also repeated it later, in the quiet confines of his lair.
- Tinchy Stryder and Charlie Brooker talk about fear (heatworld.com)
- Charlie Brooker: It must be great having a ‘passion’ for sport. Which is why I’m going to develop one (guardian.co.uk)
- Boyd’s Christmas TV Guide – 27th December (heatworld.com)
- If capitalism has failed, how the hell do we pay for our Shreddies? | Charlie Brooker (guardian.co.uk)
- The computer that predicts the future (stoweboyd.com)
- Charlie Brooker pens spoof crime drama for Sky1 (guardian.co.uk)
- Old news (youarenotlostyouarehere.wordpress.com)
I am struggling to pick a favourite – they all delight me so!
These people have no idea of the hellish mess they have gotten themselves into. They deserve it. Oh , they are so exclusive are they? Well, I think they are probably going to find themselves too exclusive to have customers at this rate.
GASP clothing has defended its position involving a customer dispute, releasing yet another jaw-dropping response.
The statement came after a spat between the retailer and a customer, who was told that their clothes were too exclusive for her, turned into a viral email sensation.